Join our amazing volunteer team in creating safe streets, a healthy city, and a vibrant voice in Toronto! We’re looking for people to help out with all kinds of outreach, including:
- Running Bike Valet, a free monitored bike parking service at special events such as NXNE, Toronto Argos games, Field Trip, Word on the Street, and many more
- Talking with people across the city and handing out goodies to cyclists at our Bike Month and Get Lit! outreach stations
- Providing office support, which includes data entry, permit applications and member renewal calls
- Supporting our Bloor, Danforth, and Yonge campaigns by engaging with local businesses and connecting with people who live near those streets
- Joining our Ward Advocacy program, where you will meet other advocates in your neighbourhood and work together on local cycling issues
Volunteering with us also has perks, including free admission to ticketed events and volunteer appreciation nights. You can receive dedicated training at one of our regular orientation sessions, then you'll get access to exclusive events, and a one-of-a-kind t-shirt.
How to Start:
If volunteering sounds like it might be a good fit and you’re eager to get involved, get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It’s important that all of our volunteers be members of Cycle Toronto. Not a member? Join now or learn more at the orientation session.
We offer a barter-for-membership program to people who identify as low income. If your financial situation makes joining at $30 (or $20 if you're a student or senior) per year prohibitive to becoming a member, please mention this to our team when getting in touch to work out a membership in exchange for volunteer hours.
How do I know if I’m volunteer material?
Do you want to be part of growing Cycle Toronto? Do you want to share your love of cycling with others? Are you excited about creating a welcoming and fun atmosphere, meeting new friends, and working with other Torontonians to support safer streets? If this sounds like you, please get in touch!