Keen to help create safe streets, a healthy city, and a vibrant voice for cycling in Toronto? Are you looking to meet like-minded folks championing life on two wheels? Join our volunteer team.
Join your local Ward Group to meet other advocates in your neighbourhood and work together on local cycling issues. Ward advocates are involved in:
- Reviewing city designs for bike lanes and submitting comments, both as an individual ward group and occasionally in joint submissions with other ward advocacy groups and organizations,
- Following the progress of newly-installed infrastructure and providing feedback to the city through Cycle Toronto,
- Conducting outreach to neighbours, businesses, and organizations to share information about cycling projects,
- Supporting Cycle Toronto campaigns in neighbourhood contexts, and more!
We want YOU to join our team of Bikewatch volunteers. Opportunities include doing outreach at Bike Month & Get Lit stations, assisting with special events, and supporting member recognition.
What you'll do
- Engage with people across the city and hand out goodies to cyclists at our Bike Month and Get Lit! outreach stations.
- Support our staff with member recognition and office tasks at our weekly Bikewatch Pizza Nights.
- Assist with special events like Cycle Toronto's Annual General Meeting.
How we'll support you
We willl make sure you get the most out of the experience with dedicated training, regular social events, a coveted Bikewatch T-shirt, access to events around the city, and additional benefits and swag.
If this sounds like you, fill out the form below to get updates on our next orientation session.
Cycle Toronto sends out emails approximately 1 to 2 times a month when we need residents to show their support for cycling projects. This can involve contacting your councillor and/ or the mayor, typically by email. It's important to show City Hall that there is widespread support for cycling in the city, whether you're sharing your support of improving access to a bicycle for low-income residents or supporting a new bike lane, your voice helps.
Sign up to receive Action Alerts for updates when opportunities arise to make a difference in your community. Together, we can build a cycling-friendly city for all.
Join Cycle Toronto
It’s important that all of our volunteers be members of Cycle Toronto. Not a member? Join now.
We offer a barter-for-membership program to people who identify as low income. If your financial situation makes joining at $30 (or $20 if you're a student or senior) per year prohibitive to becoming a member, please mention this to our team when getting in touch to work out a membership in exchange for volunteer hours.