Ward 30: Toronto-Danforth
Ward30bikes is the official cycle advocacy group for Ward 30. Our goal is to bring about positive change for commuter and recreational cyclists in the area by promoting the need for proper and safe cycling infrastructure to all users. We are advocates and leaders for the promotion of cycling using public engagement and awareness in the ward and Toronto as a whole.
Join us! Become an advocate for a healthy, safe, cycling-friendly city, today!
Email: Ward 30 Bikes (ward30cycleto.ca)
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ward30bikes
Facebook Group (join): https://www.facebook.com/groups/148229472024000/
What have we done so far?
- Advocated for sensible cycling solutions in community projects: Carlaw/Dundas Study, South Eastern Avenue Strategic Plan, Port Lands redevelopment, Queen St East Heritage Conservation Study, Gardiner & Lakeshore environment assessment, Leslie Street Barns construction, Lower Don Trail access points, Streetcar Developments Riverside Square
- Campaigned for reduced the speed bumps at the Leslie Spit
- Worked with the Ward's councilor on cycling safety in the community
- Represented Ward 30 interests as the City works to update their city wide cycle plan
- Participated in community events to promote cycling to our fellow residents: Earth Day at South Riverdale Community Health Centre, Ward 30 Community Environment Day, Withrow Farmers Market, Leslieville Farmers Mark, Leslieville Tree Festival, Environment Day at Riverdal Park East, Bells on Danforth, Bike to Work Month
- Part of the wider community group that brought bicycle lanes to Dundas Street East
Problems & Opportunities Map
We also maintain a shared map of cycling challenges for our Ward. You can view the map here