Cycle Toronto’s Streets Smarts Program targets new and seasoned riders with knowledge and skills about how to ride with confidence. The program involves a number of different elements, including our successful October Get Lit! campaign, free community workshops, and the development and distribution of the Toronto Cyclists Handbook. This year we aim to raise $50,000 to support our outreach and continue reaching more people through 2018. Donate now though our partner CultureLink's Canada Help page and help create safe streets and a healthy city and you'll receive a charitable tax receipt!
With $50,000 from supporters like you, Cycle Toronto will focus on four key educational & capacity building opportunities in 2018:
Distribute an additional 50,000 copies of the Toronto Cyclists Handbook in non english languages
Deliver free safe cycling workshops in every ward across Toronto in a fun and accessible environment
Grow Get Lit! to educate more people about the importance of staying visible across all of Toronto
Develop a road user etiquette program to encourage road users to respectfully share the road through good communication and knowing the rules
In 2017 we:
- gave out 2500 lights
- updated the Handbook and distributed over 50,000 copies in 13 different languages.
- delivered community workshops; and
- funded many of our Ward Advocacy Groups to run great events in their communities.
In 2018 we want to do the same, and more! Donate now though our partner CultureLink's Canada Help page and help create safe streets and a healthy city (you'll receive a charitable tax receipt!)
About CultureLink: Our partnership with CultureLink Settlement & Community Services makes this all possible. As a registered charity that reaches 17,000 new immigrants every year with engaging and innovative programs, we’re proud to work with them to deliver meaningful cycling education programming
To donate by cheque or money order
• Make out a cheque or money order payable to "CultureLink Settlement Services" and include a note that it is for the "Cycling Program – Street Smarts Educational Activities".
• Ensure you include details of the individual to whom the tax receipt should be made out, including a mailing address.
• Mail your cheque or money order to:
CultureLink Settlement Services
2340 Dundas Street West, Suite 301
Toronto, ON M6P 4A9