We're hiring a Program Assistant!
*Applications are no longer being accepted for this position*
Program Assistant Job Posting
About Cycle Toronto
Cycle Toronto is a member-supported non-profit organization and registered charity that works to make Toronto a healthy, safe and vibrant cycling city for all. We are focused on advocacy, education and encouragement, as we work to shape policy and infrastructure, and build community to transform our city’s cycling culture. We engage a diversity of people in our work, pursuing evidence-based solutions that make cycling a viable option for all Torontonians. We are a tight-knit team that sees cycling as a gateway to a healthy environment, economic prosperity, stronger communities, better mental and physical health, equity, and fun.
Terms of Employment
- Part time (30 hours per week until September 6, 2021, 10 hours per week until March 2022)
- Start Date: May 31, 2021
- Wage: $20 per hour
- Location: working mostly remotely during the COVID-19 pandemic with some time spent at our private office space at the Centre for Social Innovation (192 Spadina Ave.)
- Equipment: A laptop will be provided for remote work. Use of a personal cell phone will be required but will not be provided.
- Flexible working arrangements will be considered, as some availability outside Monday to Friday from 9-5 p.m. is expected. Evening and weekend work will be required based on our events calendar and availability of our volunteers.
About the Role
The Program Assistant will support our Programs & Operations Manager, Communications Manager, and other staff to provide operational and administrative support for our members and partners, the staff team, our seasonal staff and volunteers. Create innovative and engaging content and maintain Cycle Toronto’s social media channels, website, Ring & Post e-newsletter, and online profiles. Our ideal candidate is professional, organized, collaborative, and comfortable engaging with the public. They will play a key role in keeping our programs running efficiently.
You’re looking to gain experience working for a socially-minded organization in the not-for-profit and charitable sector. You have a knack for working with people. Prioritizing and staying organized isn’t an issue for you. You are comfortable working independently and supporting a fast paced, team environment.
- Support coordination of our annual programs and events such as Bike Month, Cycle Toronto’s annual fundraising ride, cycling education workshops and outreach
- Assist staff in maintaining correspondence and arranging meetings with stakeholders. Oversee meeting and event logistics, ensuring seamless coordination between event-holders, partners, staff and volunteers
- Support the tracking of up-to-date records in our database, web analytics, social media, event attendance, and other metrics
- Assist with sending invoices, tracking payments, and other financial transactions
- Update web content and provide support to Cycle Toronto’s members and potential members through phone, general email, inquiries
- Assist in creating innovative and engaging content and maintaining Cycle Toronto’s social media channels,website, Ring & Post e-newsletter, and online profiles
- Assist with scheduling shifts and providing on-site support to our seasonal outreach team and volunteers for outreach events and workshops
- Support volunteer recruitment, engagement, orientations, and appreciation events
- Ensure outreach equipment is maintained and prepare outreach kits
- Track payments, donations, and merchandise inventory
- Prepare agendas and take meeting minutes
- Perform other administrative tasks as needed
- Canada Summer Jobs Eligibility: Because this role is partially funded by Canada Summer Jobs, candidates must be between 15 and 30 years of age
- Passion for helping to build a healthy, vibrant, and safe cycling city for all
- Education / Work experience: education or work experience in a relevant field. Experience working with or within charities or not-for-profit organizations considered an asset
- Computer proficiency: experience with MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Experience using Google platforms: Mail, Calendar, and Drive. Experience working with databases, content management systems, and HTML considered strong assets
- Social equity: Commitment to principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion. Demonstrates professionalism in working with a variety of stakeholders of diverse interests and backgrounds
- Resourceful: Ability to work independently with great problem-solving skills
- Organizational skills: Can prioritize multiple projects under competing deadlines.
- Flexibility: Willingness to perform a variety of tasks in a team setting to maximize effectiveness
To apply, send your resume and cover letter in one PDF application outlining why this role at Cycle Toronto is of interest to you to email@example.com with the subject line “Program Assistant” by Sunday, May 16, 2021. We will aim to hold video interviews over Google Meet or Zoom shortly thereafter. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline to apply: Friday, May 16, 2021
Apply: Send your resume and cover letter in one PDF document to Work@CycleTO.ca
Cycle Toronto is committed to equity and inclusion. We seek to develop a diverse and talented staff team that reflects our city's diverse communities. Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour, people with disabilities, and people of diverse gender expression are encouraged to apply. Accommodation in the hiring process and during employment will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
Lead photo by Mimi Thian