Senior Partnerships & Engagement Manager - Job Posting
About Cycle Toronto
Cycle Toronto is a member-supported charitable organization that works to make Toronto a healthy, safe and vibrant cycling city for all. We are focused on advocacy, education and encouragement, as we work to shape policy and infrastructure and build community, to transform our city’s cycling culture. We engage a diversity of people in our work, pursuing evidence-based solutions that make cycling a viable option for all Torontonians. We are a tight-knit team that sees cycling as a gateway to a healthy environment, economic prosperity, stronger communities, better mental and physical health, equity, and fun.
Terms of Employment
- Full time (37.5 hours/week plus 30 minute paid lunch break), permanent position
- Start Date: July 2022 or as soon as possible
- Reports to: Executive Director. Direct reports: Engagement Coordinator, Community Outreach Coordinator, seasonal interns
- Salary: $55,000-$65,000 per year. Commensurate with skills and experience
- Benefits: extended health and dental benefit group plan, 3 weeks of paid vacation (pro-rated), up to 10 paid sick days (pro-rated), Corporate Bike Share membership, and professional development opportunities will be included
- Equipment: A laptop will be provided for remote work if desired, and up to $50/month reimbursement for use of personal smartphone
- Location: Physical office located at the historic 401 Richmond St. building in Toronto. We are currently a hybrid workplace with the option to work from home and at our office, with a fantastic green roof. While much of our work can be done remotely, the successful candidate is expected to live within the City of Toronto
- Hours: General availability between 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. or 10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m. during office hours. Occasional evening or weekend work may be required (with time-shifting or time in lieu provided), as determined by our event calendar and availability of our volunteers. Autonomy will be given to the successful candidate to manage their own schedule
About the Position
The Senior Partnerships & Engagement Manager is an experienced professional who will manage a diverse revenue portfolio which includes: programs & services, grants, donations, memberships, sponsorships and business partners. We are looking for someone who excels in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with a high-impact and collaborative organization that works to build a safe, healthy, vibrant cycling city for all. You will engage with our dedicated donors, members, foundations, and partners in creating opportunities to grow Cycle Toronto’s impact and help to cultivate new relationships. You will help to lead a small, dedicated staff team that works both independently and collaboratively, and supports each other’s priorities. You possess at least 3-5 years of relevant experience, ideally as a leader of a fundraising team within a charitable organization. Cycle Toronto is a growing organization that obtained charitable status in 2021 from the Canada Revenue Agency and we are looking for someone who is interested in growing with us.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Program and Partner Management
- Oversee and work with staff to refine our development plan and engagement strategy for Cycle Toronto’s major programs which include Bike Month, outreach and educational initiatives, Cycle Toronto rides, and emerging programs
- Identify and secure new partners and funders that are in line with Cycle Toronto’s values and objectives. Facilitate meetings and develop partnership proposals and presentations. Make funding requests and follow up for renewal in a timely manner
- Ensure the execution of partnership deliverables with event holders, sponsors, and funders for Cycle Toronto’s major events and programs are met seamlessly
Donor and Member Engagement
- Oversee donor and member communication strategy, stewardship, retention, and growth
- Develop strategic initiatives to drive donor culture and lead delivery of major fundraising appeals
- Evaluate engagement tactics and implement / adjust services and programs where appropriate
- Oversee and train support staff to deliver member services and inquiries
- Help to ensure web and database infrastructure is maintained and optimized
- Develop engagement surveys and other data collection initiatives to provide insights on member satisfaction and future initiatives
- Manage and grow Cycle Toronto’s development portfolio, which includes diversified revenue from grants, services, members, donors, foundations, and corporate partnerships
- Work with Executive Director to lead creation of annual financing plan, set revenue targets and program budgets as articulated in annual budget and operational plan
- Co-Chair the Cycle Toronto Fundraising Committee and facilitate achieving committee objectives
- Monitor progress on key performance metrics and make recommendations to refine programs and services
- Assess opportunities and develop strategies to effectively engage the community in cycling issues and Cycle Toronto programs & campaigns
- Work to ensure our public communications are in line with Cycle Toronto’s goals, brand, and funding needs including social media, mailings, media communications, and marketing materials
- Passion for helping to build a healthy, vibrant, and safe cycling city for all. Interest in civic engagement and creating impactful programming
- Education: Post-secondary degree or diploma, or equivalent experience. Preference for designation in marketing, fundraising, community investment, charitable or non-profit experience, or a field related to the position
- Work experience: 3-5 years minimum of professional work experience managing partnerships and a fundraising portfolio, preferably either with or within a charitable organization. Experience in program development and evaluation.
- Marketing, storytelling: Awareness of best practices for social marketing and storytelling for change, and interest in connecting our advocacy work to member, donor and partner engagement
- Writing: Demonstrates proficiency in writing and editing compelling content for a variety of mediums and contexts (e.g., blog, newsletter, social media, press release). Proven success in writing successful grants and proposals
- Social Media: Experience in growing social media presence and creating meaningful content for external organizations. Proven ability to stay on top of social media trends in regard to charitable organizations
- Computer proficiency: experience with MS Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google platforms: Mail, Calendar, and Drive. Experience working with databases and content management systems. Experience with HTML and Adobe Creative Suite programs considered strong assets
- Social equity: Commitment to principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion. Demonstrates professionalism in working with a variety of stakeholders of diverse interests and backgrounds
- Organizational skills: Can prioritize multiple projects under competing deadlines. Experience managing staff is considered a strong asset
- Flexibility: Willingness to perform a variety of tasks in a team setting to maximize effectiveness
- Entrepreneurial: results-driven, taking initiative to grow Cycle Toronto’s audience and impact
To apply, send us one PDF package to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday June 26 with the subject line “Senior Partnerships & Engagement Manager”. Your application should include:
- your resume highlighting your qualifications, and
- a cover letter that outlines why working for a member-supported cycling advocacy organization and cycling in general is meaningful to you as it relates to your professional, educational, and/or personal experiences in Toronto
We will aim to hold video interviews over Google Meets or Zoom shortly thereafter. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Cycle Toronto is committed to equity and inclusion. We seek to develop a diverse and talented staff team that reflects our city's diverse communities. Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour, people with disabilities, and people of diverse gender expression are encouraged to apply. Accommodation in the hiring process and during employment will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.
COVID-19: Cycle Toronto is committed to taking every precaution reasonable in the circumstances for the protection of the health and safety of workers from the hazard of COVID-19. An offer of employment is contingent upon demonstrating proof of COVID-19 vaccination by the time of the employee's start date.