Help us raise $30,000 to fund Street Smarts 2016!
Last year, with your support, we raised over $20,000 for Street Smarts outreach. We doubled the size of our Get Lit! program by distributing over 1,300 lights to unlit cyclists across the city and ran cycling workshops in community centres and workplaces across Toronto! It has been an amazing year we want to build on that momentum and do even more in 2016!
We are extremely excited to announce that for the month of December, all donations made to our Street Smarts educational programming will be matched by BMO Nesbitt Burns, up to a maximum of $10,000! That means every dollar you donate will be DOUBLED until December 31st; your $5 donation will become $10 or your $100 donation will become $200! We are so grateful to share this amazing opportunity and we're asking you to get involved and help us take advantage of BMO’s generosity
With $30,000 from supporters like you, Cycle Toronto will focus on three key educational opportunities:
Cyclist Education: our popular Toronto Cyclist Handbook, currently offered in 17 languages, will be updated and revamped to include exciting new information pertinent to cyclists in our city.
Driver Education: we will work with community partners to launch a brand new ad campaign aimed at educating drivers on the importance of the revised 1m passing law to help keep all of us safer on the road.
Community Outreach: we will create a new fund to empower our Ward Advocacy Program to enable local community groups across Toronto to put on their own educational & community building programming such as bike rodeos, festivals and sticker campaigns.
In addition to these new initiatives, we will continue to grow our popular Get Lit! program and collaborate with our long-term partner, CultureLink Settlement & Community Services, to further develop our outreach. CultureLink is a registered charity that reaches 17,000 new immigrants every year with engaging and innovative programs. We are pleased that CultureLink will recognize your Street Smarts donation with a charitable tax receipt.
Help us raise $30,000 to fund Street Smarts 2016, and you'll receive a charitable tax receipt!
Here are just some of the great ways your donation can help fund our work:
To make a donation, you have two options:
1) Donate online with payment by Interac, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express
• Go to CultureLink's Canada Helps page
• Click the "Donate Now" button
• Enter your "Donation Amount $"
• Under "Fund/Designation", select: "2. Cycling Program – Street Smarts Educational Activities"
• Click "Continue"
• Review your donation details, and click "Checkout"
• Continue following the checkout instructions
Note: Donations made online through Canada Helps generate a tax receipt immediately from Canada Helps.
2) Or donate by mail with payment by cheque or money order
• Make out a cheque or money order payable to "CultureLink Settlement Services" and include a note that it is for the "Cycling Program – Street Smarts Educational Activities".
• Ensure you include details of the individual to whom the tax receipt should be made out, including a mailing address.
• Mail your cheque or money order to:
CultureLink Settlement Services
2340 Dundas Street West, Suite 301
Toronto, ON M6P 4A9
With your support, we can expand our Street Smarts cycling education program and reach thousands of people in 2016. Support our work today and help make our streets safer for everyone.