Open Streets TO: September 2018
What's a protected intersection and why is it a good idea for Toronto?
Visit our Activity Hub at Bloor St. W. & St. George St. and experience the endless possibilites created when we open up streets for people!
Here's what you can expect:
- Walk, ride, or wheel your way through our protected intersection demo
- Chat with our friendly team to find out why this type of design would create safer and more vibrant streets
- Sign our pledge to #BuildtheGrid
- Chat about how to get involved with our city election campaign this fall
So come say hi, learn about protected intersections and how they could work in Toronto, and get engaged as we look ahead to the election.
About Open Streets
Open Streets TO has announced its most expansive programming lineup to date, solidifying its position as the largest free recreation program in Canada. Program routes for 2018 are as follows:
Dates: Sunday, August 19, 2018 and Sunday, September 16, 2018
Times: 10:00AM to 2:00PM
- Bloor Street (East/West from Montrose Avenue – just west of Christie Street – to Sherbourne Street)
- Yonge Street (North/South from Bloor Street to Queen Street).
On both dates, people traffic will replace car traffic, as the streets become “paved parks” where people of all ages, abilities, and social, economic and ethnic backgrounds can get active and connect with their community and each other.