In June 2020, Cycle Toronto released a Statement and Reflection on Anti-Black Racism, Oppression and Equity to acknowledge that Cycle Toronto “[has] not created safe and inclusive spaces for Black and racialized communities, Indigenous Peoples, and other marginalized groups and have not adequately centred their needs and experiences in the fight for improved cycling access and safer streets.” Over the past months, the organization has been exploring ways to create a more accountable and inclusive environment for volunteers, staff, and interested individuals. Join us for a panel discussion on the conversations that are shaping our thinking and participate in a breakout discussion to explore concepts of equity, diversity, and inclusion in the cycling community in Toronto.
- Adrian Currie, Board Vice President of Cycle Toronto and Co-Chair of the Cycle Toronto Advocacy Committee
- Darnel Harris, Board Member and Executive Director of Our Greenway and member of the Cycle Toronto Advocacy Committee
- Ashley Quan, Board Member of Cycle Toronto and member of the Cycle Toronto Advocacy Committee
- Priyanka Vittal, Board Member of Cycle Toronto and member of the Cycle Toronto Advocacy Committee
- Tamara Nahal, Community Engagement Manager at Cycle Toronto and member of the Cycle Toronto Advocacy Committee
|Non-member Rate||$ 30.00|
|Member Rate||$ 0.00|