Save the date! Bike Month takes place May 27 - June 30, 2019.
Check out the Bike Month Calendar for all the exciting events happening across the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA) and Guelph.
Get on board
- Have an event you'd like to promote? From themed rides to workshops to festivals, any bike-related event that happens between May 1 and June 30, 2019, is eligible. Add it to the calendar!
- Mark your calendars for the 30th Annual Bike to Work Day Group Commute & Breakfast. Come out bright and early at one of many start points across the city (map coming soon), then ride into Nathan Phillips Square for a breakfast powered by Live Green Toronto. More information can be found on the Bike Month calendar.
- Bring a friend who wants to give biking to work a try! Last year, over 2,000 people participated in Bike to Work Day. With your help, we can get even more people out this year!
- Sign up for the Bike Month Contest and you could win one of six $300 MEC gift cards.
- Follow Bike Month on Twitter and Facebook for the latest news in your community.
What's Bike Month?
What began in Toronto as a Bike to Work Day celebration in 1989 has evolved to become one of the largest events of its kind in Canada and is now celebrated across the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area (GTHA) and Guelph. Bike Month brings together families, artists, commuters, and community groups to promote cycling at hundreds of events all month long. Bike Month Toronto is organized by Cycle Toronto and supported by MEC, Smart Commute, The City of Toronto, CP24, NOW Magazine, Jet Fuel Coffee, and Bike Share Toronto.
Bike Month is supported across the GTHA by MEC, Smart Commute, York Region, Durham Region, The Region of Peel, The City of Toronto, The City of Mississauga, The City of Brampton,The City of Hamilton, The City of Burlington, The City of Oakville, and The City of Guelph.